I am planning my first long-distance solo road trip from Oregon to South Carolina. What can I do to prepare for this?
Im a 20yo guy who has always dreamed of a solo cross country road trip. And this august I will finally be driving from Oregon to South Carolina (and back). I'll mostly be sleeping in the driver's seat of my Accord, and occasionally in a campground along the way. Im also planning to stop many times along the route for pictures, hikes, and other attractions.
The longest I've driven so far was from Portland to Sacramento a few months ago, and I felt perfectly fine afterwards. However, to prepare myself better I will be taking a few smaller road trips like from Oregon to Wyoming or something like that, to see how I feel after a longer time on the road.
My primary concern though is about my car and safety. Although my car is new and in perfect condition, I still worry about something happening in the middle of nowhere. Wether it be overheating, or a misfire or a similar problem, I really wouldn't know what to do if my car breaks down. Is this a reasonable concern or am I just being overly worried? What would I do if something happens to my in the middle of the trip?
And for safety, since I'll mostly be sleeping in my car at rest/truck stops, how can I best prepare myself to deal with a possible hostile person/animal?
And what other things can I do to prepare myself for such a long trip? I've read many other threads about what to do and where to go along the route, but how can I best prepare myself mentally and physically for this?

0 Response to "I am planning my first long-distance solo road trip from Oregon to South Carolina. What can I do to prepare for this?"
Post a Comment