A day before I leave for my 2 week solo trip to Southeast Asia and I lose my wallet

What a whirlwind. I was already having trouble focusing at work because I’m so close to my trip and then I realize my wallet is gone. I must of dropped it or set it down absentmindedly. I searched for hours and couldn’t find it. All my credit/debit cards, drivers license, my global entry card, all gone. Luckily I can get a temporary debit card from my bank tomorrow, can’t get a temporary credit card (RIP travel points and no international fees) and I have my passport.Times like these I’m reminded of my favorite Anthony Bourdain quote about travel:Travel isn't always pretty. It isn't always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that's okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.Guess I didn’t realize the painful stuff can’t start before the actual trip! via /r/solotravel https://ift.tt/2SZu6EU

0 Response to "A day before I leave for my 2 week solo trip to Southeast Asia and I lose my wallet"
Post a Comment