Schengen Area and reservation in advance?
I’m 17 years old at the moment, from Chile. I’m planning to solo travel next year to Europe (Feb to April, 18 1/2 years old at that time), with my parents support. I have a lot of questions, since I have to plan it really in advance (I plan to stay around two and a half months in Europe, visiting around 20 countries, around €50 per day) and this would be my first solo travel overseas. But I have a question that I think it’s kinda hard to answer. I would like to have a semi-flexible itinerary (half of my visit to Europe will be planned, with bookings of Hostels in advance, and the same with the train journeys) but the other will not be planned (I will have “gaps” of around three days without planning) since I would like to have some free movement around Europe (being able to visit a town that I discovered over there, or staying longer in a certain city, etc.) the thing is, that I’m a little bit worried about the immigration officer. As a Chilean citizen, I don’t need a Visa to enter the Schengen Area, but I would need certain requirements, almost all of them I have them granted, but the thing that worries me is the hotel bookings in advance. I have also an aunt there that will let me stay in her house (In Italy) for around two weeks, but I’m worried that if the immigration officer decides to further ask about my itinerary and see that I have approximately half of my itinerary with blank spaces. I will present all the bookings (If they ask me to) and the invitation letter that my aunt will send me.
Now to the question, do you guys think that immigration officers might deny my entry if they see that my itinerary is not fully planned in advance? Have you guys experienced that? If so, how did you manage to enter the Schengen Area? Should I ask my aunt to provide me an invitation letter for all my stay? The thing is that I’ve been severely advised to not lie to immigration officers, and that’s my biggest concern. But I also have my aunt’s house as a “Plan B” since if something fails in my trip, I would have to immediately fly there until the rest of my stay in the continent, I’ve been in Europe once before, and I somewhat know what are the requirements that I need, but in that time I visited Europe with my mother.
Thanks in advance guys! I’ve been into this sub for a long time since it’s my dream to solo travel!
Submitted May 24, 2019 at 07:37AM by undergroundbynature http://bit.ly/2HA1AWo

0 Response to "Schengen Area and reservation in advance?"
Post a Comment