0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: So I planned to spend 6 months but coming home after 5 weeks - some thoughts! So I planned to spend 6 months but coming home after 5 weeks - some thoughts! - Bangladesh

So I planned to spend 6 months but coming home after 5 weeks - some thoughts!

Hey all!

This isn't a question, just more what I've learnt.

So I'm 24 and was really stuck in a rut at home. I've just finished 4 years at university, and worked throughout and afterwards with huge excitement to travel. I thought it would be incredible to just get away from everything for 6 months and really had a 'fuck this' attitude to normal life.

I flew to Colombia and spent the last weak in Brazil for Carnaval. I was intending to do 5 countries in South America! I had an amazing 5 weeks, met some really cool people and pushed myself out of my comfort zone. But I just felt something wasn't right near the end, I just wasn't feeling it anymore. Spoke to my parents and a great friend for advice and they all agreed I should head back.

Here's what I've learnt :

  • Long trips aren't for me, at least for now. I honestly thought I would love to spend 6 months away but I didn't realise how hard it would be. Especially as I've never even been out the UK by myself before.
  • At first I felt like I've really failed myself coming home early but you can't force yourself to do longer term travel if you don't have the mindset
  • Even though I've only spent 5 weeks away I've learnt so much about myself, which sounds incredibly cliché I know! I've realised how much I need objectives in life. As much as I would love to be a happy go lucky traveler that can travel around without a real aim for a year - I find it so hard.

This was my first solo trip and I definitely bit off more than I could chew, but I really didn't know until now. It's definitely a learning experience for me. I will definitely go on more solo travel trips - but maybe keep them to a month!

It would be interesting to hear of other people who have had a similar experience!



Submitted February 18, 2018 at 02:38AM by DeckardCain666 http://ift.tt/2CrBizY

0 Response to "So I planned to spend 6 months but coming home after 5 weeks - some thoughts!"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger