Travelling to North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany for 2 days - Looking for suggestions
I'm travelling to Europe on business and I have the opportunity to spend 2 days/nights in NRW early in November; however, my only experiences in Germany prior to this are limited to Bayern/Bavaria (which I absolutely love and am planning a return trip ASAP).
I was thinking about visiting Essen, since one of my grandparents was born there, and I think seeing their old stomping grounds would be quite the unique experience...although I've heard that Essen and some of the surrounding areas are very industrial and not really tourist-y. But there's also Dortmund, Koln, and Dusseldorf nearby...
Some questions:
-
Which cities are worth visiting? I've read/heard some great things about Koln (Heller's Volksgarten for beer and the Cathedral, for example), but Dusseldorf, Essen, and Dortmund are a bit more of a mystery to me.
-
Which cities should I stay overnight in?
-
What are some must-see attractions/areas?
-
Any hidden gems that the normal travel sites (TripAdvisor) don't mention?
Interests - Generally, I enjoy trying out good beer/food, checking out castles, and almost any unique activity/event. At some point during my stay, I definitely need to grab a BVB Dortmund jersey for my brother, so there's that, too haha.
Budget - $100/night lodging and maybe $100/day on miscellaneous activities and food/beer.
Transport - I'll have a car, so I don't need to rely on public transit or anything.
Thanks in advance!
Submitted October 03, 2017 at 09:16PM by -ThatsNotIrony- http://ift.tt/2yGLgM6

0 Response to "Travelling to North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany for 2 days - Looking for suggestions"
Post a Comment