Advice for state parks, camp sites, & route: South Florida to Seattle
Hi guys! First time poster to this sub but have loved seeing everyone's adventures!
My SO and I are finally making the big move back home. We're both originally from Seattle but have been living with family in Florida for over a year now. We are planning on being on the road for about 21/2 weeks. We're flexible but we are thinking we probably won't want to be on the road for more than that. We have never done a cross-country road trip and want to visit mostly state parks and camp along the way but honestly don't know where to start! We loosely have planned so far:
1 night in New Orleans (we've always wanted to go) airbnb
1 night in OKC (I used to go to OU and want to visit but honestly we are trying to not drive all the way through TX so it seemed like an ok stop. Advice would be good though) airbnb
1 night in Santa Fe (advice on accommodations and places to see?)
? in Arizona. Places on our list: we want to see the petrified forest, the painted desert, the grand canyon, antelope canyon, vermillion cliffs, suggestions are 100% welcome. This is where camping advice and advice of prioritization would be super helpful.
Mesa Verde. On our way to telluride figured we might as well check this place out!
3-4 days in Telluride, CO. We are visiting friends we haven't seen in a loooong time. They will probably take us out to hiking spots and cool sites around there. We are working on coordinating to meet in Utah instead so we could possibly scrap Mesa Verde and cut the drive to Telluride.
? in Utah. Places on our list: Moab, Arches NP, Dead Horse Point SP. If there are any northern Utah state or national parks with lakes and hiking we would prefer to visit one of those on the way out of Utah.
****Here is where we need the most help, although I'm sure you could think our whole plan is a mess lol.
After Utah we were thinking of visiting Yellowstone but since our trip is mid-May, I don't know how busy it would be or how worth it. I need help figuring out where to go after Utah. Should we just cut through Idaho and go home to WA or make the trip to Yellowstone?
I realize this is a big mess of ideas and I'm sure you can tell I don't have any experience with road trips really. If there is any advice I would really, really appreciate it! Is this at all possible or is it too many things to do in such a short amount of time? Does the route make sense or should I clean it up? Thank you to anyone who decided they wanted to read this entire thing!

0 Response to "Advice for state parks, camp sites, & route: South Florida to Seattle"
Post a Comment