Death Valley-based first come first served camping around the holidays
Hi /r/roadtrip!
Been planning a trip for the week between Christmas and New Year's and the 2 main destinations are Death Valley NP and Alabama Hills. Will be going from San Diego. I'm a little concerned about trying to find camping at these places during the holidays since it's first come first serve and I've been burned by that before elsewhere. I was thinking Monday 12/28 and Tuesday 12/29 somewhere and Wed. 12/30 and Thurs 12/31 somewhere else. In Death Valley, Wild Rose and Mesquite Springs campground look ideal.
Does anyone have experience going to these places around the holidays and how hard it is to get a camp spot? I'm guessing the cold pushes some people away while having the holidays off attracts others.
First time in Death Valley. We will have high clearance (pickup) but it's 2WD, tent camping (or in the truck bed). Any other advice is welcomed. Thank you.

0 Response to "Death Valley-based first come first served camping around the holidays"
Post a Comment