Is Russia too ambitious for a first trip?

Hi all!So I just started my first full time job and will have enough money to travel a bit.I've always been an enormous fan of Russian history and culture but I'm a little nervous about travelling to Russia as my first solo trip. I'm not too worried about petty crime or anything like that, moreso the language barrier and general cultural differences. I've read that English speakers aren't as common in Russia as in western Europe. I can read cyrillic letters but my Russian is basically non-existent otherwise.I know the visa process can be somewhat complicated for Americans as well which makes things a little more difficult. I guess my question is whether or not I should maybe hold off on travelling to Russia until I get my feet wet somewhere else or should am I overthinking it?Thanks in advance! via /r/solotravel https://ift.tt/2KpvxZB

0 Response to "Is Russia too ambitious for a first trip?"
Post a Comment