0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: When your trip is a dud When your trip is a dud - Bangladesh

When your trip is a dud

I’m currently on day eight of a ten day trip around France, and I’m more than ready to go home. This is my third solo trip abroad, and typically I love traveling alone, but something about this trip has just been...off?

A lot of my plans got messed up: a hiking trip in the calanques that was advertised as suitable for ages 8+ ended up requiring me to rappel down a few walls with no harness, something I’d never done before, and while I was proud of myself for getting through it, I got sick at the end of the hike and was exhausted for the next few days. I also got left behind on a tour I’d paid for because they gave me the wrong time, and another tour I booked was cancelled at the last minute.

I feel like I should be able to bounce back from these setbacks, but instead I’ve let them get to me. Since I don’t stay in hostels (for OCD related reasons), I usually meet friends through organized activities, and the fact that so many of them fell through means I’ve been alone much more on this trip than on past ones. I genuinely like exploring alone, but it does get old after awhile...I don’t know. I feel stupid for falling into a rut while I’m in France, because, you know, I’m in France. I want to enjoy my last two days here, but my energy feels depleted.

So, I guess what I’m asking is if anyone has ever had this happen before, and how you made peace with it.



Submitted May 18, 2019 at 09:27AM by the-secret-history http://bit.ly/2VIQ8QW

0 Response to "When your trip is a dud"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger