0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Lost access to debit card, need advice on how to get cash from my accounts. Lost access to debit card, need advice on how to get cash from my accounts. - Bangladesh

Lost access to debit card, need advice on how to get cash from my accounts.

I want to preface this post by acknowledging that I’m a moron and really should have checked the expiry date on my debit card before I left.

I’m at the start of a 4-month solo trip in Southeast Asia. I am currently in Saigon, Vietnam.

I didn’t bring very much cash (~200 USD), as I was planning on withdrawing money from ATMs using my TD Canada debit card. This has worked well for me in past trips to Asia. However today, after failing to get money from an ATM, I realized that my debit card had expired.

I was talking to my bank all morning about this, and they said that they aren’t able to get me an emergency debit card replacement because the card is expired and not lost. And also because I have a still-valid TD credit card with me.

What I have considered doing:

  1. Just use my credit card to get cash advances from ATMs and pay off the balance immediately. I feel that this would be much more expensive compared to using the debit card, but I have no idea how much more it would be. I’m concerned that it will add up as I don’t have a huge budget for this trip to begin with.
  2. Open up a Vietnamese bank account and use a service like Transferwise to get money from my Canadian account to the Vietnamese account, then just withdraw cash from that account. I feel like this would work ok for Vietnam, but I was planning on going to other places and I know that it’s not as easy to open up foreign accounts in other countries

Any advice on what would be the best way to get cash would be greatly appreciated.



Submitted May 23, 2019 at 07:56AM by solotravelmoron http://bit.ly/2HvYgeM

0 Response to "Lost access to debit card, need advice on how to get cash from my accounts."

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger