Bikepacking in France
Hi everyone!
I am considering taking a solo Veloscenic route this August/autumn in France - it's 400 km from Mont St-Michel to Paris.
I have prior bikepacking experience (~400 km in Cyprus, in a group though) and several regular backpaking trips on foot, so I know the drill.
I was wondering if anyone can share tips for solo biking in France:
1) Are there any other interesting routes, or is the choice good?
2) What are the general dangers of France for a solo traveler, if any?
3) What are the dangers for my belongings (98% of the stuff will be kept on my bike, including the non-rented bike)? It was a revelation that in Cyprus people have zero interest in your stuff wherever and however you leave it - a super-safe and relaxed place.
4) Is there water on the bike routes of France? Cyprus was amazing with free potable water faucets everywhere.
4) I could follow your advice and create a custom route - you're welcome to suggest (no more than 400-500 km, though). I am interested in seeing country life, maybe talking to people who aren't in a city rush, tasting local food. The plan is to see the country with a final destination in Paris (2-3 days there).
Thanks!
Submitted May 23, 2019 at 10:23AM by vichn http://bit.ly/2QeR6hM

0 Response to "Bikepacking in France"
Post a Comment