Combatting Loneliness?
I’m taking my first solo trip to Eau Claire Wisconsin from Portland Oregon soon. It’s a 2-day train ride just to get there and it got me thinking about how I’ll handle being alone for that long. I will be staying in Eau Claire alone for the most part too (I’m seeing a friends music show there but that’s the only time I’ll be interacting with someone I know). I’m 19 y/o and I’ve had a fair share of traveling, but it’s always been when I was surrounded by friends and loved ones. I spend 99% of my time between work and school and free time surrounded by people and noise constantly (comes with living in the city), so I’m pretty used to the bustle. I have a diagnosed anxiety/depression disorder which also adds to the fear of being alone for so long. How do you combat loneliness when traveling like this? I’d hate to have a trip ruined because I’m busy being anxious about being alone. I’m just curious if anyone has any advice/recommendations as well as recommendations for the anxiety part of it too. I understand it may seem silly compared to all of the experienced travelers' stories on here, but I'm really new to all of this. Thank you in advance!
Submitted May 28, 2019 at 07:33AM by kchloye http://bit.ly/2JHHkV0

0 Response to "Combatting Loneliness?"
Post a Comment