What to know if you are backpacking to Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am going to share an experience that I had as a person who lives in Buenos Aires, that I think anyone thinking about visiting here should know. About 3 years ago, when the economy here was going better, mind you, I was walking at around 7 AM as every morning to high school (the neighborhood is a very usual spot to visit as a tourist, San Telmo). I came across a man that struck me as unusual. Blue eyes, expensive but dirty clothing, and he looked as if he'd been crying. I reached out and it turned out he didn't speak Spanish. I asked what had happened and he told me he had been mugged the night before. He had not been crying, but the muggers had sprayed tear gas on his face. All of his belongings were taken, as he had everything in his backpack, including his passport. He had nothing left, and the hostels in the area would not take him because he had neither money nor documents. I told him everything I knew about the police in the area and what I thought he could do. I also gave him some money that I had to try and help him out, at least for transport. What I'm trying to say here is: If you are visiting Buenos Aires (which I've been told is really beautiful for tourists) , please don't carry all of your belongings, especially documents and cash, in your backpack. Avoid sketchy, poorly lit areas, especially at night as muggers are known to target tourists. Also investigate the location of your embassy, and try to have a backup plan if things go south. I am not trying in any way to disuade you from visiting, just be careful, as it may not seem dangerous, but it can be.
Tl;dr: If you want to visit Buenos Aires, be careful and don't keep documents and all of your cash in your backpack, as muggers are known to target tourists.
Submitted March 23, 2019 at 08:19PM by IHateUsernames98 https://ift.tt/2CA54Fn

0 Response to "What to know if you are backpacking to Buenos Aires, Argentina"
Post a Comment