The Ultimate California Roadtrip
I'm taking 2-3 weeks off this summer to go to Northern California. On my way back to LA, I plan to take the 'scenic route' through the opposite end of the state, and spend a few extra days camping around. Unlike the times I've done this drive previously, I'm taking three days to go up (instead of 1 go)
I would start Day 1 in LA and take the 1 through Malibu, Lompoc, Pismo Beach, SLO, and end the day up around Morro Bay at a campground just north.
Day 2 would be leaving San Simeon, then hitting Big Sur (limekilns, Mcway falls, pfeifer falls, Bixby bridge, etc) , then eventually ending up around SF. Does anyone know of any good campgrounds near San Francisco? I've researched Kirby cove but am not too keen on the hike in as I would just be there for a night and would leave early in the morning the next day, though I am a fan of being in such close proximity to the battery. At the same time, I'm thinking that stopping and camping in big basin redwoods is a good move, but I'd rather start day 3 already in Marin, rather than south of sf.
Day 3 would be a, relative, mad dash to Humboldt County. As far as scenery goes, do you reccomend that I continue taking the 1 north from sf or take the 101 through santa rosa like most people do? The 101 drive from sf to ~willits is rather drab but idk if I'm down to spend the extra drive time on the 1.
On the way home, I plan on going from Humboldt to Lassen NP, then down to ~Tahoe and camping for the night. Then next day I want to visit Yosemite, then spend the next 3-4 days camping between Yosemite and sequoia np.
Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

0 Response to "The Ultimate California Roadtrip"
Post a Comment