Arizona/Utah/Nevada Solotrip April 2019
Hey guys! I've solo traveled a few times now. Did a trip through the pacific northwest (Seattle and BC) and then went to Iceland. This sub has helped me tremendously for researching my trips before actually going and I want to thank everyone that contributes on here!
I will be going to Vegas for a work conference and taking advantage of this by flying out to Vegas early and checking out the nearby National Parks (Zion, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Grand Canyon, Valley of Fire State Park Hoover Dam, Glen Canyon Dam). I would love you thoughts on my current plans and if I should add anything to it! Couple things to note, I will have a rental car with me, an SUV, and I am on the heavier side, so I prefer not to do any hikes that are strenuous. I stick to the easy/medium difficulty hikes because I can go at my own pace and enjoy myself. I love photography, so would like you guys to share the best places to take pictures along my hikes and the best views for sunrise/sunset for each park! I also am big on Astrophotography and would love recommendations for places to go as well! Would also like recommendations on places to stay! I like hostels but they aren't always available in the middle of nowhere.
- Wed. 4/24:
- Arrive @ 2pm in Vegas
- Get rental car, grab groceries and drive towards St. George, UT by nightfall
- Motel or Couchsurfing.com (Would love recommendations on this)
- Thurs 4/25
- Arrive at Zion in the morning.
- Morning Hikes (Weeping Rock, Canyon Overlook Trails)
- Lunch and then the Hidden Canyon Hike or Riverside depending on how tired I am.
- Head back to St. Georges, get dinner and recover for the next day
- Friday 4/26
- Back at Zion
- Morning hike with Hidden Canyon or Riverside Walk, followed by Emerald Pool.
- Lunch and then drive to Page, AZ. Stop at Old Paria, UT, Toadstools and Glen Canyon Dam
- Horseshoe Bend (Sunset?)
- Retire to motel or Couchsurfing spot
- Saturday 4/27
- Horseshoe Bend (Sunrise?)
- Upper Antelope Canyon Tour via Adventurous Tours @ 12:30pm
- Lower Antelope Canyon Tour via Kens Tours @ 2:30pm
- Other areas?
- Sunset at Horseshoe bend?
- Sunday 4/28
- Grand Canyon in the morning
- Drive to Vegas and pickup coworker at the airport at 3pm
- Drive to Valley of Fire State Park for sunset
- Stay at nearby motel/airbnb
- Monday 4/29
- Sunrise at Valley of Fire State Park and hiking rest of morning
- Hoover Dam
- Check into Hotel by 3pm to start Conference
Would love your thoughts on this trip and any omissions I may have made on places to see! I don't have much to see in nearby Vegas so would love your ideas on that as well! TIA!
Submitted March 18, 2019 at 07:18PM by bmen_baller https://ift.tt/2TeZais

0 Response to "Arizona/Utah/Nevada Solotrip April 2019"
Post a Comment