0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Tour De Cascades Tour De Cascades - Bangladesh

Tour De Cascades

Well, more like tour “around” the Cascades, or maybe “thru”. Who knows.

After splitting up with a truly wonderful gal on Monday, I knew I was going to need to get out of Dodge for a bit. While my plans for a single/multi overnighter weren’t going to mesh well with the invites from friends to join them and not be sad/lonely on Turkey day, I still wanted to get out somewhere.

I live in Seattle in the 8+ years that I’ve been here, my adventures have taken me far and wide into various stretches of the mountains, but one place that I haven’t spent hardly enough time just looking at, is the Eastern flanks of the Cascade crest.

After heading out of Seattle on I-90, a turn North through Blewitt Pass was just what I needed. Then continuing North along the Columbia, through some of WA’s best apple and cherry country (the edge of the Entiats and Chelan country) and into the Okanagon. I had a late start, so as I passed by Mazama (I’m a climber, so I REALLY wanted good views) and got to Winthrop, it was already pitch black and too late for me to explore, but that little town is so cute.

The North Cascades HWY (US Rte. 20) is still open, but there were freshness on the road and more scheduled for later in the evening. The road between Winthrop and New Halem was pretty empty, maybe saw 12 cars the whole time, so between the empty roads, fresh snow, pitch black night, and me already having 5 hours strung out the windshield, I took my time getting up and over WA pass. I wish I would’ve had light to see the Liberty Bell group and all the epics around that area. It’s beautiful up there, if you haven’t been I highly recommend.

Remainder of the drive was a straight shot. 1 bathroom break, 1 fuel stop, 454 miles, 8.5 hours, new scenery seen, lots of time to think, even more time to just NOT think.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, not just today, but everyday.

https://ift.tt/2S8mNZY

0 Response to "Tour De Cascades"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger