Southwest roadtrip feedback: 7 nights, start/end Phoenix, early May (x-post /r/travel)
I am feeling overwhelmed by the amount of things to do in the Southwest US and would appreciate any feedback. I have read some other threads but would love some recommendations on what to hit and what to skip.
We are planning on staying in mostly airbnbs along the way. I live in Phoenix and have two friends coming in to take this roadtrip with me. We are totally open to suggestions.
Here is what I have so far:
Day 1: Leave Phoenix, stop in Sedona (briefly), stop at Grand Canyon (scenic drive), end in Page, AZ (Horseshoe Bend, probably skipping Antelope Canyon). Airbnb in Page.
Day 2: Drive Cottonwood Canyon Rd to Cannonville. Maybe go off to see either Zebra Slot Canyon or Devils Garden? End up in Bryce Canyon, spend remaining day in Bryce. Drive, airbnb in Springdale.
Day 3: Zion - hike the Narrows. Explore. Airbnb in Springdale.
Day 4: Zion - hike Angels Landing. Drive to Vegas, maybe stop off at Valley of Fire? Casinos, walk the strip, hotel in Vegas.
Day 5: Vegas, see a show, explore. Hotel in Vegas.
Day 6: Drive back to Phoenix, maybe a scenic route back? Hang out in Phoenix.
Day 7: Salt River Tubing, hang out in Phoenix.
Day 8: My friends fly out.
Are we missing out by not seeing Moab/Canyonlands/Arches if we are seeing everything else here? We don't want to overdo it but I also don't want to miss anything that I won't be able to easily come back to at a later time. How does Zebra compare to Antelope Canyon? I gave us some time to relax in Phoenix at the end because I feel like we'll be a bit burned out by that point but it is flexible. Any help is appreciated!

0 Response to "Southwest roadtrip feedback: 7 nights, start/end Phoenix, early May (x-post /r/travel)"
Post a Comment