Solo travel to London, Amsterdam, and Rome for two weeks. How do you not get overwhelmed when trying to plan and book by yourself?
I've been lurking on this subreddit for awhile but this is my first time posting. I'm traveling to Europe solo from March 3 to March 16th. This subreddit was a huge inspiration for finally biting the bullet and booking the flight so I want to say thank you to you all. This is really a great community with a lot of helpful resources.
I've driven across the U.S., studied abroad for a month in Paris, and my last trip was ten days in Madrid so I have some limited experience traveling but I'm feeling very overwhelmed trying to book this trip by myself. There's so many resources and so many different suggestions that you can spend hours just researching. So I was hoping to receive some trip specific advice and some general advice on how not to get bogged down scouring the internet for hours thinking that you haven't planned your trip the right way.
I booked round trip to London and I would like to visit Amsterdam and Rome. Is two weeks a reasonable amount of time? I don't like to feel rushed and I'm not at all concerned with checking off boxes.
What would be an appropriate amount of time to spend in each city? Should I take the train from London and spend a night in Brussels since I would have to transfer there anyway or just fly directly to Amsterdam? What hostels do you recommend? And lastly, should I nix Rome altogether for the sake of spending more time in the other two cities or is two weeks a reasonable amount of time to see all three?
edit: I realized I didn't include any information about myself. I'm a 30 year old male from NYC - I'm very social and I enjoy drinking and definitely want to meet people but I'm a bit too old for the younger party scene. I'm interested in history, museums and live comedy and music - not much interest in sports. Thank again folks!
Submitted February 03, 2018 at 02:04AM by VintageAmbulance http://ift.tt/2EdKMU8

0 Response to "Solo travel to London, Amsterdam, and Rome for two weeks. How do you not get overwhelmed when trying to plan and book by yourself?"
Post a Comment