0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Debating between Koh Tao and Koh Lanta in Thailand Debating between Koh Tao and Koh Lanta in Thailand - Bangladesh

Debating between Koh Tao and Koh Lanta in Thailand

I'm a 30M from San Francisco going to SE Asia this February. I plan to wrap up the trip with some island downtime in Thailand, but I can't decide which island to go to.

This leg of the trip is a week, so I should have plenty of time to explore and kick back. From research, it sounds like if I get a moped there's plenty to do in both places to occupy me for a week :)

My primary question is the social scene. I'm traveling solo and want to make friends and meet likeminded folks and all that, but I'm not there for thumping music, nightclubs, and whatever the backpacker equivalent of frat parties is.

Depending on what I read, Koh Tao is either a party tourist town or it's off the beaten track. Likewise, Koh Lanta is either laid back or empty except for honeymooners and families. No idea what to expect from all the disagreeing opinions I read.

I traveled solo once before in Mexico, but I've never done the backpacking/hostel thing. I will this time since it sounds easier to make friends that way, but I don't know how overblown the party aspect of Koh Tao is.

Does anyone have any insight?



Submitted January 04, 2018 at 01:01AM by imh http://ift.tt/2lTqlB1

0 Response to "Debating between Koh Tao and Koh Lanta in Thailand"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger