Help me choose: India or Sri Lanka?
I have two weeks to play with in February 2018.
Option 1: Fly into Colombo and see some of Sri Lanka for the first time, including Kandy, Ella, Mirissa, Galle and somewhere for wildlife spotting.
Option 2: Fly into Delhi and see a new part of India (I went to Kerala 10 years ago). See the Taj Mahal and head to Rajasthan, trying to get as far as Jaisalmer, Udaipur, Pushkar, Jodhpur if time permits.
Flights/visas add up to roughly the same for both places, so now I am struggling to decide. On the one hand, I've been dying to get back to India since I finished my first trip. I love Indian food, I love how different the culture is, and I want to solo travel there (before, I went as a group). I'm also really keen to go to the Taj. On the other hand I am a little nervous that northern India will not be at all relaxing, and since this is my holiday, I don't want to spend the whole trip stressed.
Sri Lanka interests me because many say it's like 'India Lite', so I could experience something not too dissimilar to India, but a lot more relaxing, and including some beach time (maybe some diving?) as well as wildlife sightseeing. But I heard the food is not as good, and perhaps the sightseeing on the whole is also less interesting.
So I'm kind of torn. Has anyone been to both places and had a preference? I'm sure I'd enjoy both - but I don't want to be on a beach in Sri Lanka wishing I was at the Taj Mahal, nor do I want to be at a fort in Jaipur, longing for the beaches of Sri Lanka.
Thanks in advance tl;dr - Rajasthan or Sri Lanka for 2 weeks in February?
Submitted November 12, 2017 at 12:56AM by antisarcastics http://ift.tt/2i4yhhw

0 Response to "Help me choose: India or Sri Lanka?"
Post a Comment