0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Sorrento + Amalfi plus a side of Naples for Christmas? Sorrento + Amalfi plus a side of Naples for Christmas? - Bangladesh

Sorrento + Amalfi plus a side of Naples for Christmas?

Hello all,

Didn't see many past posts about this. I'm flying into Rome with my father and sister on Dec 18, and we are currently planning on driving down to the Amalfi coast area for Christmas time, Dec 21 - 28, then heading back to Rome and flying out the 29th. After initial research I'm thinking we'd stay in the bigger / more active city of Sorrento and then explore the smaller Amalfi coast towns from there.

Main questions: Is 7 days too long in the off season? Is Sorrento too touristy? Are we going to be constantly disappointed by the best restaurants of the area being closed? Or will the more local authentic restaurants be open still in winter? We'll have a car so we'll be able to just drive around and explore. Hotel or AirBnB/VRBO?

Also I kept trying to find info on the free divers' Christmas Eve pilgrimage to the underwater crib in the Grotta dello Smeraldo but it's hard to research. Has anyone ever witnessed that?

For Christmas dinner I was thinking of booking a table at the Grand Hotel Excelsior in Sorrento since they have an official Christmas dinner. But any other suggestions for xmas eve or day are more than welcome!

Thanks so much for any advice! I'm generally in charge of planning these Christmas trips and finding reservations for restaurants so the pressure is on! This seems like a challenge, but luckily our plans are flexible besides the flights in and out.



Submitted October 04, 2017 at 12:25AM by donetherebeenthat http://ift.tt/2fJbR3S

0 Response to "Sorrento + Amalfi plus a side of Naples for Christmas?"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger