Trying to travel for once in my life, where would you suggest. Starting point NYC
I'm in some shit place in life right now. Going through some tough times and I've thought long and hard about this.I really want to travel to places around the United States for a week or two weeks, I think it can change my life for the better. I've never done anything like this before. My furthest experience with the great outdoors is going hiking a couple of times. I don't even know what I need to survive, besides light, my phone, snacks, water, food, etc.. But I'm eager. My goal is to go to major cities, every day, visit places with amazing parks, museums, etc.
This is what I need and have so far:
-laptop,phone,phone charger,external charger
-water bottle
-lighter
-assortments of snacks on my journey
-backpack(may get a larger camping backpack)
-couple of knives(not pocketknives)
-deodorant,hair product
***Now I know I need a lot more things. I'm also not sure of costs associated as well. But is 1 grand enough to make this journey possible? I don't have a car or anything, and I'm not asking you to plan everything for me, I just need a great route that people have been on before. I really wanna see yosemite for example or a place like that.
Other things associated:
How much money would I need to make this journey possible, for either a week or two weeks. Is 500 bucks to 1000 enough to reach my endpoint and get a straight return home? I'm not sure how or where I'm going to sleep or where I can charge all my electronics and everything. So in that sense I may be a little too naive.
I also dont know how many changes in clothes I need. Is this all possible if I have one large backpack? I feel like it wont be. I also think the majority of my money will be spent trying to live in hotels or motels/hostels across the US. But this might go up if I don't know how close these places are. I guess having certain phone apps can help a lot but I'm not sure what the most useful ones are.
If you guys could point me in the right direction that would be splendid. Also if you know any site I could look at for places I could stay with friendly people(never used airbnb, I have with craigslist but I dont rly trust them) Thanks a bunch
Submitted September 10, 2017 at 08:03AM by TheWeebles http://ift.tt/2wRILbT

0 Response to "Trying to travel for once in my life, where would you suggest. Starting point NYC"
Post a Comment