Planning a 10-12 Day Trip to Thailand for first week in Oct. Is my trip do-able/worth it? Looking for any Advice/Help.
Hi All I posted this in /r/ThailandTourism earlier, yet wanted to open the audience as much as possible.
The company I work for got bought out so I'm hanging out on a bit of FUNemployment and enjoying a very generous severance package and am thinking of taking a trip to Thailand. Do to weddings and other events I have to attend my trip would leave from the DC area on Monday Oct. 2- until either Friday 13th or the morning of Sat 14th (I have a wedding at 5pm that day). I've been looking into some flights and they don't seem too terrible in terms of cost (I have an overall budget of around $2K for this).
On the trip I would start off in Bangkok then go to both Chiang Mai as well as the beaches/islands in the south. From my research I've most of the flights would have me landing later at night 9pm or later in Bangkok on Tuesday Oct. 3rd. I've seen that many hostels do late check-ins, yet I'm not sure how easy it is to get from the airport to a hostel in downtown Bangkok.
5 years ago I did 12 days solo in Europe and had a great time checking out the cultural sites and hanging with people I met in hostels. A few of the items I'd like to knock out would be: Attend a Muay Thai match in Bangkok, street vendors, nightlife on the beaches/possibly a full moon party if possible, temples, hiking in Chiang Mai.
After chatting with a friend who's been in SEA since January it was indicated that this trip might not be able to work due to travel times both to/from Thailand as well as internal travel between North and South of Thailand. I'm looking to possibly book a trip this week as my passport expires in January and I'll need to get a new one expedited ASAP.
Does this seem like something that 1) is do-able and 2) would be worth it with a short time in Thailand or should I look somewhere else?
Thanks!
Submitted September 11, 2017 at 06:47PM by thefluffyfigment http://ift.tt/2vQlUdW

0 Response to "Planning a 10-12 Day Trip to Thailand for first week in Oct. Is my trip do-able/worth it? Looking for any Advice/Help."
Post a Comment