I know this is an overused theme, but solo backpacker to Europe
Hey, I'm a 24 year old Indian woman travelling to Europe very soon. I got done with my research, and unexpectedly made this plan, so a little all over the place. But, I'm looking at France (country I'm applying for visa), Spain (I know basic Spanish, and in love with the culture), Germany (friends and family) and Amsterdam on my list. I have around 20-25 days to hop around these places.
France --> Paris, Nice, Cannes Spain --> Barcelona, Malaga, Seville and nearby Germany --> Berlin, Cologne (any city I should totally check out during Oktoberfest?) A quick weekend in Amsterdam
Now, 1) I'm a budget traveller, and would mostly be staying at hostels, couchsurfing, and crashing at friends. 2) I'd love to throw in Italy, especially Naples (blame ellena ferrante, but that would be stretching it too much, would it?) 3) I plan to fly in Paris and fly out from Frankfurt - just dirt cheap direct flights
Questions 1) Should I take a rail pass or individual tickets? France being in the centre doesn't make the process easy, since I'd have to either go north and come south to Spain, or head to Spain and go up again. How do you think I should plan my travel across the countries? I don't mind over night trains and buses (hoping it's easy to sleep in buses), because that also reduces a day of accomodation.
2) any precautions I should take while looking up couchsurfing? I've traveled before, but somehow, I always knew people at the place I was travelling. A lot of these would be fresh places
3) I also wish to be flexible with these places. If I meet a fun bunch of people along the way, I am okay to prolong one leg and push the next. In that case, how should I plan my travel
4) if anyone is around these places, or have a similar itinerary, feel free to message.
Sorry if this is an FAQ, I don't have a lot of time to plan so thought I'd turn to veterans. I apply for visa in four days.
Submitted September 10, 2017 at 12:18AM by raatkichandni http://ift.tt/2wPWBfD

0 Response to "I know this is an overused theme, but solo backpacker to Europe"
Post a Comment