0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Dreaded standby flights-- anyone have any experiences, advice or tips? Dreaded standby flights-- anyone have any experiences, advice or tips? - Bangladesh

Dreaded standby flights-- anyone have any experiences, advice or tips?

I'm sure we've all heard the cautionary tales and horror stories of flying standby, but the chance of flying on such a cheap fair is very tempting...

Hey guys, are there any standby flight veterans who have any advice or wisdoms on flying standby? I'm in the process of confirming my flight, and I'm looking for tips on understanding standby itineraries and reading into/anticipating chances of getting a spot. Here is my situation:

  • I'll be flying as a Non-rev, D3 passenger via American Airlines. I'm flying from Toronto, Ontario. My destination is Belgium.

  • I am flying alone, and traveling off season this coming October (chances looking pretty decent based on seat availability, but again I'm not %100 on gaging the probability)

  • Flight itinerary/route: Toronto YYZ > Philadelphia PHL > Amsterdam AMS -- overnight flight for next day arrival, then I take the train into Belgium (5 available flights YYZ to PHL, 1 flight option for PHL to AMS)

The goal is to mitigate the chances if being standed as much as possible, but I've been hearing to prepare for the worst. I know to check-in and arrive for as early as possible for the first available flight, as there is a chance I may get bumped to the next flight based on availability. I already have accommodations booked for my arrival-- on the chance that I am postponed for check-in, I will not be refunded for days missed.

Again, any advice or thoughts are welcome whether its directly related to my situation or just general standby flying tips :)

Thanks guys, much appreciated!



Submitted September 09, 2017 at 04:43PM by steelybee http://ift.tt/2xSRisA

0 Response to "Dreaded standby flights-- anyone have any experiences, advice or tips?"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger