Montreal to Vancouver Itinerary help needed!
Crossposted from travel.
I'm planning a one-way road trip from Montreal to Vancouver from June 12-27, 2021 (driving there, then flying back on the 28), so 16 total days. We will have 3-4 drivers and we'll be camping the entire time. We want to take the scenic route when possible. I'm working out an itinerary and I was hoping for some advice on whether I'm missing out on anything if my driving days are too crazy, or any other logistical challenges I might have missed.
Some specific questions:
- is Dinosaur National Park worth it? Some photos make it look stunning, others are less impressive. Also, should we go with Dinosaur or Drumheller?
-Any thoughts on Pancake bay vs Agawa campground
-Is Thunder Bay worth stopping off in? One of our friends wants to stay with his cousin but I'm not sure if it's worth the precious time.
-Right now our route is mostly on the TransCanada highway. Any recommended scenic detours?
-If we should make more of an effort to blow through Ontario and the prairies to spend more time in the Rockies, or if this allocation looks good
-Recommendations on free or cheap campgrounds/crown land between Thunder bay and Calgary
Thanks in advance!!
Itinerary:
June 12 Montreal-->Algonquin Park 4.5 hr
June 13 Algonquin Park
June 14 Algonquin—> Agawa Bay Campground Or Pancake Bay 8.5 hrs
June 15 Agawa Bay Campground
June 16 Agawa bay--> Thunder Bay (6.5 hours) (stay overnight)
June 17, 18 drive as fast as possible through prairies (20 hours), arrive in Dinosaur national park at ni
June 19 Dinosaur national park
June 20 Dinosaur national park —>Calgary (2.5 hours), Calgary --> Banff (1.5 hours)
June 21, 22, 23 Banff and surroundings
June 24 Banff--> Jasper (3 hours, but scenic so whole day with stops)
June 25, 26 Jasper
June 27 Jasper-->Vancouver via whistler 8 hours scenic
June 28 fly out

0 Response to "Montreal to Vancouver Itinerary help needed!"
Post a Comment