0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Deciding whether to go in my current small vehicle or try to figure out something else/+ideas where to sleep and camp or not Deciding whether to go in my current small vehicle or try to figure out something else/+ideas where to sleep and camp or not - Bangladesh

Deciding whether to go in my current small vehicle or try to figure out something else/+ideas where to sleep and camp or not

I'm planning to go at least 3 months by myself to the southwest/4 corners area. Basically I want to go to the desert to do a lot of astronomy and photography. I have a leased acura ILX. Going over my mileage isn't that expensive compared to rentals it looks like.

My problem with my car is the storage space and I can't sleep in it. I'm bringing a bunch of telescope and photography gear. I've gone camping with all that stuff locally once and I barely had any room left in the car and piles of stuff on the front seat and back full loaded, so I could see that getting overwhelming having to constantly dig through stuff and having no room.

I was looking into adding a roof rack/storage box but that would cost at least $900-$1000 and then I'm concerned how it would affect gas mileage and needing to refuel more often. And I still couldn't sleep in it. Or I just don't bring my camping gear and rely on other accommodations, then I can get away without a box. Can you even get camping reservations anywhere at this point? I don't want to plan anything too much in advance so I don't know how feasible tent camping is anyway.

Saving money on accommodations would be nice, so I could use any suggestions on how to not spend so much on hotels. Car rentals, RV rentals, and camper van rental rates are all insane after you factor in all their mileage fees/insurance.

I'm also considering trying to take the rear seat out of my ILX for extra storage space. I would have to see what that gets me but I really wish I had a van or bigger car. Buying something used/cheap also seems overwhelming.

https://ift.tt/39UYgmH

0 Response to "Deciding whether to go in my current small vehicle or try to figure out something else/+ideas where to sleep and camp or not"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger