Any young women here who've driven cross country alone?
Hi everyone, I'm new here, forgive me if this isn't the best sub for this question. I'm 28F, and toying with the idea of going completely nomadic for 3-5 months. My east coast lease is up in August. Ideally, when it's up, I'd like to throw all my essentials in my (reliable) SUV, and drive across the country alone. I'd then theoretically get a new lease (around thanksgiving I think?) in whatever city I stumble across that I think is the best fit. I'm very privileged to have a well-paying, completely remote job in technology, so I'd be working the entire time (great wifi would be a must, pretty much always). However I do have 4 weeks of saved PTO to use should I need it for drive days, sightseeing on weekdays, etc.
I have a few must-see cities (Atlanta, Austin, Salt lake, Seattle), but before I start planning a route with more details, I was wondering if there are any major safety concerns to take into consideration as a young woman. Are Airbnb's the best way to go? Any tips on how to tell which overnight stays would be "safest"?
Is this a crazy/stupid idea? How do I start planning? I'm starting with google maps, a spreadsheet filled with sights to see and airbnb links, but I get this anxious feeling I'm missing something

0 Response to "Any young women here who've driven cross country alone?"
Post a Comment