Solo trip to Cabo San Lucas

So last Friday I was feeling some type way. Like I had a bunch of built up stress from life and just needed to reset. Wanted to go away and be by myself on the beach away everybody. I live in San Diego so I’m on the beach eating Mexican food on my days off in summer anyway, but I was just built up and wanted to fly away for a couple days. Looked up cheap flights and saw a destination that looked nice and not too overpriced. Cabo San Lucas. It’s a short two hour flight and if the stars aligned I was going to make it happen.Saturday comes around and I get my schedule for the week with Wednesday and Thursday off. Perfect. Asked a coworker to cover Tuesday, got that. Booked my flight for 7am Tuesday morning to get back Thursday afternoon. Quickly pack a few things and wake up at 5am to get to the airport. Make it there get my way to my Airbnb. First time using it but it was perfect, had an awesome host. After giving me the rundown he asks if I want to get some food and go to his secret surf spot. Good food no secluded Mexican beaches? Bro that’s why I am hereIt was a fun couple of days and exactly what I needed. Getting on planes and going to random destinations with really no plans in mind is more exciting than any party I’ve ever been to or any drugs I may have tried. When I went back to work today my manager asked why I took such a quick trip and I told her it’s like when your phones going really slow from too many open apps and other things and you just gotta turn it off and on real quick, well that’s what I did but with my brain. Just a quick refresh is exactly what I needed.It helped too since I have a much longer and more planned trip to Colombia in October, I realized what things I still need to buy, what camera supplies i can leave behind and how much I need to brush up on my Spanish. So worth it. There’s nothing quite like solo travel.Since I only took me and a camera I made a little video. The mods took down the post of just that calling it a personal vlog. I’ve watched plenty of travel vlogs and it’s not one. I just want those people to shut up about their opinions honestly. It’s just a music video I made with footage from Mexico.I love it when people call me crazy for wanting to do such trips and I can’t help but think they’re just too boring to only want to stay in their little bubble and not explore. Solo travel really is life. via /r/solotravel https://ift.tt/2T1OKo0

0 Response to "Solo trip to Cabo San Lucas"
Post a Comment