Starting summer of next year I want to go from Singapore to London overland. I have so many questions. Have any of you done this before?

Route is very flexible but here goes.SingaporeMalaysia(Stay in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam for about 3 months for more extensive traveling.)MyanmarBangladeshIndiaNepal??PakistanChina???TajikistanKyrgyzstanUzbekistanKazakhstanRussia???? Visa issuesGeorgiaAzerbaijanArmenia (back through Georgia to get to...)TurkeyBulgariaRomaniaMoldovaUkraineIf I have enough money still, side track to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia then back down toPolandGermanyNetherlandsBelgiumFranceUKOk so first of all, I want to do this trip by motorcycle. I will buy one in Malaysia after visiting Singapore. (Unless there's a better place to buy I'm SEA. ) Not tied to doing the entire trip with it and will probably switch to buses at some point especially before Europe.After checking visa requirements I've run into some issues with my American passport.-Pakistan to Tajikistan: no direct border and visa requirements for Afghanistan and China. Can I just get a 24 hr visa for China and ride through to either Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan?-Russia: After checking their visa requirements it's unclear if I need to be present at a visa center in the US. Im currently on my NZ holiday visa and will be starting my Australia HV in December. I am not planning on going back to the States before this overland trip. Unsure what to do here? May need to fly to Azerbaijan ?Approximate budget: $11000 usdMotorcycle: currently living in a van in NZ and it looks like I'll be able to sell it for around $7k nzd in high season. Plan on using about $1k of this for a decent bike. Is this reasonable?Fuel: I am out of my element here. No idea what to expect as far as costs and actually being able to make it to a gas station everytime. Guessing I'll need spare gas cans? Safe to assume the remainder of that money will be used for fuel if not more?Food: on my previous solo trips I've indulged quite a bit and certainly want a large part of this trip to be about experiencing the cuisine of each country. $10 a day for Asia $25 for Europe?Accommodation: most stick to hostels but I'd like to do some camping as well. Any tips about camping on the side of the road?Other visas? Aside from Russia and China, is it safe to assume I can just show up at the border and get a visa there? I'll go through later and calculate costs for these.Duration and timetable: I don't know when I want to start this trip exactly. Id like to miss the rainy season in SEA and the winter in Europe. I'm planning on this taking about 6 months. (3 for SEA and 3 for the rest) is this a reasonable timeline. I don't want to feel rushed. I typically spend 3 days in a major city and am used to multiple day trips in a row.I've tried to include as much as I can for now. This will probably be the first post of many.Sorry for the new account. I forgot my password for my main.Edit: I don't have my laptop on me now but I made a spreadsheet of things I want to see in most countries/cities. But this post is more about the logistics. via /r/solotravel https://ift.tt/2JRiLmk

0 Response to "Starting summer of next year I want to go from Singapore to London overland. I have so many questions. Have any of you done this before?"
Post a Comment