Questions for Long Asia Trip

Hi all,I (21F) am planning to solo travel for about 4-5 months beginning in January 2020 and ending in May, I want to know if these are realistic plans and budget and if you guys have any tips and/or recommendations. I am planning to stay in mostly hostels and planning to spend rather cheaply with some splurges here and there and I don’t really drink or party. This will also be my first long solo trip I did about 6 days in Japan alone this year and really enjoyed it. I did not book anything yet so things can definitely be changed.Heres my general itinerary and budget, not including international flights:Thailand - 10 days, fly into Bangkok (2days) then Krabi (6days) then Chiang Mai (2days) I plan to travel by flight. I plan to budget around $500-$600. I want to do some touristy things such as Elephant Sanctuary, 4 Island tour, kayaking, maybe a snorkeling tour. I wanted to originally do 2 weeks but I want to avoid CNY. lolHongkong - 2-3days ($200-250)Leave to China few days before Chinese New Year. Bus to Kaiping. Will I need to prebook this?China for 2 months ($2000) (Feb-March)Stay with my cousins in Kaiping for CNY and a week after to avoid traveling during the holidays while exploring other places in Guangdong such as Guangzhou, Macau,etc.Then off to Zhangjiajie (4-5days), Guilin/Yangshuo (~5-6days) , Yunnan (10days), Sichuan (10days), Xian (3-4days), Beijing (5days) and then finally Shanghai (5days). My cousin recommended to do guilin, yunnan, sichuan then zhangjiajie? But idk how efficient that is. I plan to travel most of the China trip with my cousin, he might leave me before Xian. I know that touristy things in China are quite pricey and I plan to travel by bus/train. I will also have to pay for a visa ($140) not included in the budget. Also the travel advisory to China regarding exit bans, should I be concerned? I am a US citizen of Chinese heritage but I think it is unlikely they will detain me? lolJapan for 10 days ($1000) (End of March-Early April)I will take a flight from Shanghai to Osaka for the cherry blossom season, planning to go to Kyoto, Kobe, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Nara. I will be using 5 day Kansai wide + Hiroshima JR pass. I am not exactly sure if this is worth it because I’ve done most of the touristy things in Kyoto and Osaka already and Miyajima’s floating tori will be scaffolded when I am there. Maybe another part of Japan? Maybe Tokyo? idk. I will probably have to book this soon.South Korea for a month (April) in Seoul ($1000). I know this might be too long but goshiwons are so cheap about ($200-300 a month). lolTaiwan for 2 weeks ($500-600) (May)I plan to store my luggage at Taoyuan airport and perhaps backpack Taipei, Hualien, Taichung City, Kenting and Kaohsiung City returning to Taipei to fly back home.I am also worried about the luggage situation but I need to buy souvenirs mainly in Japan/Korea lol. So I may have to pay more for flights and such.Anyway, Thank you! via /r/solotravel https://ift.tt/2YIoilg

0 Response to "Questions for Long Asia Trip"
Post a Comment