0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Taking a 3 week road trip around Colorado (hitting Moab at one point). Advice appreciated! Taking a 3 week road trip around Colorado (hitting Moab at one point). Advice appreciated! - Bangladesh

Taking a 3 week road trip around Colorado (hitting Moab at one point). Advice appreciated!

Hey! I'm about to embark with 3 friends and 2 cars on a long road trip, starting in Columbus OH, then making our way across the US to Denver. From there we will go south, then west through Durango and Mesa Verde to Moab, UT. Finally we progress northeast toward Estes/Rocky Mtn parks and eventually back to Denver. Here is our itinerary by night

  1. Columbus
  2. St. Louis
  3. Topeka
  4. Denver
  5. Denver
  6. Colorado Springs
  7. Colorado Springs
  8. Great Sand Dunes Natl Park/Alamosa
  9. Great Sand Dunes Natl Park/Alamosa
  10. Pagosa Springs (might skip)
  11. Durango
  12. Durango
  13. Moab
  14. Moab
  15. Moab
  16. Moab
  17. Grand Junction
  18. Hot Sulphur Springs
  19. Rocky Mountain/Estes
  20. Rocky Mountain/Estes
  21. Denver

(Roughly, I'm trying to keep it open to change.)

I have the whole thing planned out through Furkot. Does this seem like we're moving too fast?

  • Since we have two cars, I went ahead and bought two civ-grade MURS two-way radios with usb chargers and backup batteries - this should be fun and useful in a lot of situations, especially while driving! Any other suggestions for a caravan?
  • Also looking for other gear suggestions. I am a seasoned backpacker and traveler but this is my first big trip where I am mostly traveling by car. Should I bring a 10gal water cooler?
  • How about food storage - I assume there will be plenty of stores along my route, since it's not that rural. I'm thinking of bringing a cooler and just picking up a bag of ice every couple days.
  • What about gas? Any recommended gas apps?
  • I've got an excel sheet going to split up and track group-wide expenses across the four of us on this trip. I also have an excel sheet to track stuff we're packing - it has General, Food, Cooking, Camping, Vehicle, Emergency, Fun sections. What would you recommend we bring? (even if it's just one thing you can think of, off the top of your head, that I'm probably forgetting. not like toothpaste and stuff, I know that already haha.)
  • Any suggestions in general? I am so psyched for this trip and I can't wait! But I want to make sure I'll have absolutely everything I need, and that I'm not rushing through the trip too fast. I think three weeks is plenty of time to see these things, but feel free to correct me if you have experience.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to reading your responses!

btw, around 3000 miles total

http://bit.ly/2EhMiDB

0 Response to "Taking a 3 week road trip around Colorado (hitting Moab at one point). Advice appreciated!"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger