0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: I'm a (solo) female travel blogger/backpacker who's traveled to places like Pakistan, Iran, India, and Afghanistan. AMA. I'm a (solo) female travel blogger/backpacker who's traveled to places like Pakistan, Iran, India, and Afghanistan. AMA. - Bangladesh

I'm a (solo) female travel blogger/backpacker who's traveled to places like Pakistan, Iran, India, and Afghanistan. AMA.

Hey y'all! I'm Alex, a 28-year-old American solo female traveler and the creative brain behind Lost With Purpose travel blog.

For the last three+ years I've been backpacking full time, often roaming through countries people warned me to be well wary of such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. People often think I'm either A) crazy or B) a member of ISIS but I assure you only A is true. These days, I live primarily off of my travel blog's income, and occasionally supplement it with freelance work.

In the last three years I traveled through (in order):

  • Georgia (3 weeks)
  • Armenia (3 weeks)
  • Iran (2 months)
  • Pakistan (8 months by now? Over 5 visits.)
  • Western China (3 weeks)
  • Kazakhstan (2 weeks)
  • Kyrgyzstan (3 weeks)
  • Uzbekistan (3 weeks)
  • Afghanistan (3 weeks)
  • India (Man who knows... 1+ year over a few visits)
  • Nepal (1 month)
  • Bhutan (3 weeks)
  • Bangladesh (6 weeks)
  • Bits here and there in Brazil, Colombia, and Belgium

The whole world calls to me, but I have a special place in my heart (and passport) for South Asia, particularly India and Pakistan where together I've spent more than a year and a half in total.

During the last few years I've scaled ancient fortresses, seen gods dance, and road tripped across deserts. Overland travel is my MO; I've taken every kind of public transport under the sun from camping on floors of ferries to hitching rides with army convoys. While traveling I've gone through a breakup (I began my years of travel with a boyfriend), lost family and friends, and fell in love when I least wanted it. I've eaten a million different kinds of street food by now, and had about as many bouts of diarrhea (I find it strangely satisfying at this point). I braved gynecological adventures in patriarchal India, and was saved from a foul and watery doom in a clinic in Afghanistan. Just last year I learned to motorbike in the chaotic traffic of Pakistan, and worked a photography assignment with an NGO doing medical work with refugees in Thailand. Let's just say I've been around the block.

At this point, I love to share about my travels in the hopes of inspiring and helping others to travel, as well as smashing stereotypes about the countries I visit. Oh, and of course it's always fun to prove that girls can get to some crazy places in this world, too.

Proof is my blog/Instagram/whatever and also picture of me lurking in the darkness of an office of a creepy man in a village in Pakistan who's been trying to pick me up because passport (but I'm dealing with his Whatsapp advances so I can use his office to access the interwebs).

Get at me with your questions! No thought is too silly, no inquiry too freaky, and I love talking about poop so no worries there.

https://i.redd.it/1lir5kqrzzy21.jpg



Submitted May 18, 2019 at 05:51PM by lostwithpurpose http://bit.ly/2EjlLFU

0 Response to "I'm a (solo) female travel blogger/backpacker who's traveled to places like Pakistan, Iran, India, and Afghanistan. AMA."

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger