Help with planning long solo trip!
Hello r/solotravel
In January I will be doing my first solo trip. I plan to travel for 6 months. 2 months in USA, primarily California, where I've been before for 2 weeks. Then Japan for 2 months and a third, undecided location for the last two months. The two months each place aren't set in stone, just the initial plan. I have 15,000 USD saved up, and I'm from Denmark.
So I guess my questions are: 1) Do I have even close to enough saved up, or will I have to plan to work during my travels? I don't need to live luxuriously, but I want to try foods and that experiences. 2) What third country/area would you choose? 3) How would you spend 2 months in Japan? 4) How would you spend 2 months in California, and should I plan to go to other states as well? I want to spend time in Berkely, San Francisco and Los Angeles, other than that I have no plans.
I don't need plans for every day or every week, but I want to leave with a lot of ideas. My interests include fitness, food, meditation, and I want to see different cultures, meet new people and enjoy the freedom of solo travel. Finding myself and all that. I have friends and family who are also travelling during this period and might join for a while, and my mother and girlfriend might visit me for a week at one of my destinations. Other than that I'm venturing out alone.
I still have a lot of time to plan, but I hope some of you can help with some of my questions!
Cheers!
Submitted May 23, 2019 at 10:09PM by Johnandthepresumers http://bit.ly/2HxqGVK

0 Response to "Help with planning long solo trip!"
Post a Comment