Help for 2-week itinerary in Central Europe
Hello, fellow solo travellers! I’m planning to embark on a solo trip to Central Europe for 2 weeks at the start of June, and I’d appreciate if you could take some time to critique my rough itinerary and provide suggestions on how I could improve it or switch some of my plans around:
Day 1 (4 Jun): Singapore -> Frankfurt -> Prague
Day 2 (5 Jun): Prague
Day 3 (6 Jun): Day trip to Cesky Krumlov
Day 4 (7 Jun): Prague -> Krakow (day train)
Day 5 (8 Jun): Day trip to Zakopane
Day 6 (9 Jun): Krakow -> Budapest (Regiojet)
Day 7 (10 Jun): Budapest
Day 8 (11 Jun): Budapest
Day 9 (12 Jun): Budapest -> Zagreb (4h+ day bus ride)
Day 10 (13 Jun): Day trip to Plitvice Lakes
Day 11 (14 Jun): Zagreb -> Ljubljana (2h+ day bus ride)
Day 12 (15 Jun): Day trip to Lake Bled
Day 13 (16 Jun): Ljubljana -> Prague (9h+ day bus ride)
Day 14 (17 Jun): Prague -> Frankfurt -> Singapore
Overall, I have the sense that my itinerary is too ambitious, given that I want to only spend a maximum of 2.5 weeks in the region.
I’m also travelling from far away, so I’m wondering if I should spend an extra day in my first destination (Prague) to get over my jet lag. In this case, I’ll do away with Ljubljana and spend a little more time in Prague and also Krakow to visit both Auschwitz and the salt mines. Any alternative suggestions on this front are welcomed!
Because I’m visiting multiple cities over 2 weeks, transport is a main concern. Are my transport plans appropriate, or am I planning to travel too much in the day with time that could be better spent on other activities? How popular and comfortable is overnight travel?
The final issue that I have is with regards to safety. What advice do you have for a 24M Chinese solo traveller and native English speaker? Is it better to carry a card instead of relying heavily on cash? As an aside, I’ve signed up for YouTrip, a debit card offered in my country in collaboration with MasterCard that functions as a prepaid multi-currency wallet.
I’m also open to suggestions on where to stay and go in the places I’ve listed. Generally, I don’t like partying while travelling, but enjoy hiking, natural sights, architecture, visiting museums and just walking around the city. I’m hoping to spend no more than US$1,200 during my trip, excluding airfare.
Looking forward to your input! ☺️
Submitted May 19, 2019 at 09:50AM by genghaot http://bit.ly/2M4hfkS

0 Response to "Help for 2-week itinerary in Central Europe"
Post a Comment