Fairly new driver, a 5000+ mile road trip across Europe?
Hey guys, I am from Europe and with the school summer break approaching, I figured out that I want to do a roadtrip that I wanted to do for a long time. It will be around 5000 (8000 km) mile road trip all across Europe - starting in the Czech Republic and going to Greece, Croatia, Italy, Monaco, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Germany (hopefully with a stop at the Nürburgring) and then back to the Czech Republic. I really want to avoid highways since they're no fun and usually expensive, so the road trip will be mostly country roads and city driving, with some very occasional highway driving. It is my dream trip and I want to see as much of Europe as possible, however I am a fairly new driver - having only got my driver's license 5 months ago and really only started driving 2 months ago when I bought my first car.
The thing is that I really like driving and find it a ton of fun, especially around twisty roads and I feel relatively confident behind the wheel when doing short trips, driving around my city etc. But those are usually short drives in environments that I know and roads that I've driven before. I'm mostly scared of city driving, because I live in a really small city where rush hour traffic means 20 cars on the road instead of 10 cars and everywhere there are really simple intersections and roads, so transitioning to driving in a massive city like Rome will probably be a nightmare and I'm not 100% sure I could do it. I guess I'm just mostly scared of causing an accident in a completely different country and then being without a car and a way to get home and not even speaking the language.
I'm still really on the edge if I should do this or not. On one hand I think it will be a life-changing trip that will be incredible fun, bunch of really fun and scenic roads, awesome places and food, but on the other hand I'm thinking of all the things that could go wrong. This would be a month long trip at the very least, so definitely would be on the road for a long time. As for hotels I would mostly sleep in my car to save as much money as possible (I have tinted rear windows) and use gym showers or those trucker showers on highways, only getting a hotel if I was especially tired or became sick.
So should I do it or not? What should I prepare for?

0 Response to "Fairly new driver, a 5000+ mile road trip across Europe?"
Post a Comment