0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Travelling to Marseille and Lyon in May Travelling to Marseille and Lyon in May - Bangladesh

Travelling to Marseille and Lyon in May

Hello!

First off, this is my very first reddit post so apologies if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm 25/F and am travelling to Southern France in May for a work trip. I'm planning to extend my stay thereafter - likely 3/4 days in Marseille (maybe with a day trip or two) and 3 days in Lyon. I've previously travelled to Europe with friends/family/my boyfriend, but have never taken a trip alone, though I've always wanted to!

Long story short I'm very excited but also a little apprehensive and was hoping the good people of solotravel could give me some advice:

  1. I'm planning on staying in a hostel so I can meet fellow tourists but I'm planning to bring a check-in size luggage rather than a backpack. Are hostel lockers generally big enough for luggages?
  2. The internet seems to suggest that Marseille isn't the safest place. I do like having a drink or two and a good night out. Is this relatively safe to do if I'm by myself? e.g. getting back to the hostel at night
  3. Will I be able to get by withvery basic French phrases? i.e., are people in Marseille and Lyon fluent in English?
  4. I'm ethnic Chinese (but not from China) - is racism something I should be concerned about? (not that I think French people are racist, in my previous travels to Europe people have always been welcoming and kind but I'm just a little apprehensive given that I'll be alone and hence may be an easier target?)
  5. Lastly, any general recommendations/ advice re these 2 cities?

Thank you everyone!!



Submitted March 18, 2019 at 01:55PM by fryfrychickychickee https://ift.tt/2CnMTTm

0 Response to "Travelling to Marseille and Lyon in May"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger