Just want to keep going. Am I dumb? Because I'm two seconds away from booking a flight to Cartagena.
Writing this from my hostel in Siem Reap Cambodia. I've been out for 6 weeks and my trip is coming to an end. I feel like I've learned a lot about travel and if I were to do it again I wouldn't make the same mistakes. So I was thinking why NOT do it again.
Ive been toying around with the idea of Australia or the UK because of all the great Aussie and British cunts I've met when suddenly a thought popped into my mind - South America. After the struggles and awesome times I've gone through in SEA, I feel like I can do South America so I looked it up and I can get a flight two weeks after returning home for 150 bucks one way.
Am I crazy for wanting to do this and on such short notice? My SEA trip I started planning months in advance and I felt ok going because it was a post graduation trip. But now I'm burning through my savings (still have a lot compared to all the people I've met going into debt) and will be neglecting the career im supposed to be starting. I graduated with a super serious business analyst degree and I should be at home applying to jobs, getting better at writing code and doing projects to show I know my stuff. I have done very little career oriented stuff out here especially after my fire tablet with all my books on it died.
So TL;DR i have the money and the time to continue traveling. I'd go home in 2 weeks, rest up, say hello to everyone, take care of some business (doctors, taxes, applying to jobs) and then get back out there 2 weeks later (so id be on a flight to SA in less than a month). Is that nuts to do an on such a short notice? I've got the travel bug pretty bad and want to do it better than I did in Asia. Don't get me wrong I've had a great time but I've made mistakes and bad decisions that cost me money, health and happiness. If i went to a continent with one consistent, easy to understand language, did less partying and staying at party hostels, opened myself up more, went for what i want and do it quickly (I've had a lot of blue balls moments) I feel like i could do most of South America and have a great time. But at the same time I'd be delaying getting my life moving forward .
Any thoughts other than the obvious sentiment of YOLO?
Submitted March 09, 2019 at 04:47PM by CJ090 https://ift.tt/2EYJKLn

0 Response to "Just want to keep going. Am I dumb? Because I'm two seconds away from booking a flight to Cartagena."
Post a Comment