0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Help with deciding on next destination (Iran, Mexico, Colombia or Myanmar) in May-July Help with deciding on next destination (Iran, Mexico, Colombia or Myanmar) in May-July - Bangladesh

Help with deciding on next destination (Iran, Mexico, Colombia or Myanmar) in May-July

Hey guys,

I've been thinking for a while on where I want to travel next even though I just came back from a trip. I'm thinking about travelling from end of April/beginning of May until mid June or July. Not sure yet how long exactly but roundabout 6-10 weeks. I don't intend to rush through any itinerary but to take my time. I usually really into mingling and meeting new people (especially locals) but I need 1-3h a day for myself as I want to use the time to brush up my French.

Following destinations interest me:

Istanbul (hub) - Iran (focus)

  • PRO:
    • cheapest flight from where I'm based (with Turkish Airlines where I could even earn some miles)
    • very good currency exchange rate and prices atm in Turkey and Iran
    • Istanbul is supposed to be great to party
    • Iran still seems to be one of the hidden gems compared to most travel destinations, lots of history and culture to explore, all the reports I've read so far have been super positive
    • great food, tea and coffee culture
    • supposedly super friendly people
  • CON:
    • need Visa (requires a bit of effort, time and money, also would have to extend visa if it's more than 30 days but process seems to very cheap and uncomplicated)
    • internet access will be a bit difficult
    • will be quite hot, especially when wearing long pants, no real good beaches
    • social life could be difficult but I have no clue about that (there will obviously be other travellers in hostels, but I don't expect the same party culture I experienced before abroad and getting to know young Iranians (including women) can be difficult as well but that seems to be the only other opportunity to experience Iranian nightlife/youth sub culture)
    • visit to Iran could be a problem in the future (mostly with regards to travelling and transiting through US), ESTA no longer possible

Mexico (Yucatan, Mexico City, maybe Oaxaca)

  • PRO:
    • no visa needed
    • lot of diversity but generally interested in the beautiful beaches in Yucatan and Oaxaca, still so much culture to offer
    • could use this as an opportunity to meet local friends I haven't seen in a while
    • great food
    • great for socializing (with other tourists as well as locals), outside of the notorious spring break madness
    • no obstacles if one wants to indulge in alcohol, tobacco or spending time with the other sex
  • CON:
    • most expensive flight (about 150-200$ more than the others which could be used otherwise, even flying to BOG is cheaper from here)
    • probably also more expensive than IRN/SEA/COL, especially around Cancun, generally more touristy
    • could get a bit rainy and cloudy at times but probably only sporadically

Colombia

  • PRO:
    • no visa needed
    • great mix of history, nature and a few beaches
    • great for socializing
    • slightly more affordable than Mexico?
  • CON:
    • not so many beautiful beaches that are close (Tayrona NP seems to be my best bet) compared to MEX
    • also more expensive (and touristy) around Cartagena or to get to the paradise locations like Islas del Rosasrio/San Andres
    • food doesn't look that great compared to Mexican, Iranian and Thai cuisine tbh

Bangkok (hub) - Myanmar (focus, maybe some Thai Island and Cambodia as well)

  • PRO:
    • Bangkok is a great city with a lot to offer, though I'm more interested to spend most my time in Myanmar or Cambodia
    • second cheapest flight although with a LCC, cheap flights from BKK-YGN, overall probably cheaper than MEX/COL
    • great and cheap food, know my way around in BKK to save even more money
    • great for socializing (not as easy with regards to locals though from my experience, at least in Thailand)
  • CON:
    • curiosity is a bit lower than with regards to the other places as I've been to Thailand already
    • lots of tourists in Bangkok and Thailand in general but Bangkok is also a big city to avoid most drunktards
    • Visa needed for Myanmar and Cambodia, visa only valid for 28-30 days unless one wants to pay for an extension/overstay

As you can see, I am really torn. I even contemplated about Morocco/Lebanon because it would perhaps help me with my French through immersion but Morocco can be very stressful from what I read and also seems a bit more dangerous atm while Lebanon/Beirut is surprisingly quite expensive for what I would get in the other countries.

I'd appreciate any input.



Submitted March 24, 2019 at 04:49PM by 0ldsql https://ift.tt/2FnMH7f

0 Response to "Help with deciding on next destination (Iran, Mexico, Colombia or Myanmar) in May-July"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger