Drama regarding transiting through USA to Canada for Working Holiday Visa
Hi all, This is stressing me out to no end and I’m just looking to see if anyone has any experience with this themselves.
I’ve got a working holiday visa for Canada. I’m from Australia and intend to enter Canada via a short holiday in the USA beforehand (the flights were booked with return but I don’t intend on using the return and will be in New York for a week after the date of the return ticket).
From my understanding, I am unable to do this because I would overstay my visa waiver even though I am not re-entering USA.
If I book a refundable ticket out of Canada for Iceland before the 90 days are over and cancel it when I’m in Canada, will the USA be able to tell that I did that when I re-enter the USA as a temporary resident of Canada after activating my working holiday visa?
Absolute worst case scenario I spend $1300 on a flight to Iceland and actually go.
Best case scenario I purchase a ticket to satisfy border officers in USA that I have onwards travel and then cancel it once I am through, saving a thousand or so dollars.
I’m worried if cancelling the flight is noticeable when reentering the states some time during my working visa in Canada.
Anyone have any personal experience?
TL;DR Travelling Australia > USA > Canada > Cancelling Onwards Ticket Once in Canada (Will this affect future travel into the USA after I have my working visa from Canada)
Submitted March 17, 2019 at 02:26PM by Dasw0n https://ift.tt/2W2qvpT

0 Response to "Drama regarding transiting through USA to Canada for Working Holiday Visa"
Post a Comment