Questions about preparing for mostly solo trip to the Mediterranean.
Hey all. I've got a probably boring solo travel origin story, but I'm going to jump right into my questions and hope for the best.
Here is my itinerary for reference:
April 17th to 29th Leaving from midwestern US
17-22: Italy 22-24: Sicily (staying with friends) 24-28: Athens 28-29: 20 hour layover in Stockholm
So my questions are:
- I need to pick a starting city. What are the pros and cons of Amalfi vs Tuscany?
My tourist sensibilities lean most strongly toward food and drink, then to seeing cool sites. Slightly prefer natural sights over architecture. Enjoy beaches, but do not enjoy most seafood. Not into super touristy things, but would consider food/drink tours.
I'm leaning toward Florence, with a possible day trip to Lucca. But the Amalfi area looks awful pretty.
-
Is 31 too old for hostels? Obviously youth hostels are out, but how do I know the difference?
-
How is the airbnb experience in these areas? I've stayed in a few around Chicago and Denver but never booked one myself.
-
Should I try and skip the layover?
I would absolutely love spending a few hours in Sweden, and I havent seen many better options. Flights out of Athens are expensive.
Thanks!
Submitted February 21, 2019 at 12:50AM by Bonny-Mcmurray https://ift.tt/2U5G3sF

0 Response to "Questions about preparing for mostly solo trip to the Mediterranean."
Post a Comment