Final Checklist before Long Term/1 Year Travel Tomorrow. Thank You All!
Thank you all! This is an amazing community! Because of all of you, I have done a 2 weeks solo trip to Asia and a 3 weeks solo trip to Europe, and now I am getting ready for a long term solo trip. I finally get to make my dream turn into reality.
This community lead me to do solo hiking and camping and other activities at home.
About me:
I quit my job and am (26 M USA) about to start my long term/1 year travel (could be shorter or longer) tomorrow.
Travel Plans:
I focused and mapped out my route for South America (Colombia-Ecuador-Peru-Bolivia-Chile-Argentina-Uruguay-Brazil. I estimate that I will be in South America for at least 6 months. I have a list of cities to visit and activities to do for each country in South America. I will stay as long as I want to within tourist visa agreement. My trip is open for change and what comes after South America has not been plan yet.
- If I decide to leave South America, I will visit Nepal, India, and Southeast Asia.
- If I decide to go to Australia and/or New Zealand, I will go directly after South America or go there on a working holiday visa.
- If I decide to go to Europe, it will be my last stop before heading home.
I want to explore the culture, learn spanish, eat a ton of food, and do hiking/treking/mountaineering.
Money:
My budget is $20,000 USA for a year. I have 2 debit cards (Charles Scwab for travel and a primary) and 2 credit cards (Chase for travel and a primary)
I live with my parents, have a minimalist lifestyle, worked full time throughout college to have no student loans and save money for this trip.
Preparation:
- Global Health Insurance
- Cigna Global
- Vaccinations (I got my list from CDC for South America, Asia, Europe, New Zealand, and Australia)
- Completed
- MMR
- DTP/DT
- TD
- TDAP
- Chickenpox
- Polio
- Flu
- Hep A
- Typhoid
- Hep B
- Malaria (Prescription Pills)
- Yellow Fever
- Missing
- Cholera (CDC only recommends it for India. I will need to get it before I go)
- Japanese Encephalitis (I am not sure if I should get this. It costs about $300 per dose in the USA. It requires 2 doses so the total is $600)
- Rabies (I decided to skip this since you will still need to go hospital if you were exposed to it. I am going to stay away from animals)
- Completed
Packing List (worn items are not in the picture):
I packed for all seasons. I tested my clothes to 20 Fahrenheit (active and non-active). I will rent camping gear and any additional gear needed for mountaineering.
Backpack with packed items weigh about 25lbs/11kgs.
- shoes
- salomon x ultra 3 mid gtx
- altama otb maritime assault low (worn)
- chaco flip ecotread
- pants
- outlier slim dungarees (worn)
- convertibles
- prana stretch zion convertible
- shorts
- patagonia baggies
- lululemon the short 9 linerless
- shirts
- woolly everyday weight short sleeve henley 190 gsm
- woolly everyday weight short sleeve crew neck tee 190 gsm (worn)
- wool & prince button down
- winter gear
- patagonia torrentshell jacket
- outdoor research cirque pants
- llbean ultralight 850 down hooded jacket (worn)
- patagonia nano air hoody
- patagonia r1 hoody (worn)
- patagonia synchilla pants
- smartwool merino 250 base layer crew
- smartwool merino 250 base layer bottom
- accessories
- icebreaker pocket hat
- smartwool merino 250 beanie
- kuhl renegade cap
- icebreaker apex glove liners
- black diamond soloist glove
- buff lightweight merino wool
- knockarounds fast lanes
- arc'teryx conveyor belt (worn)
- socks
- darn tough no show light cushion (worn)
- darn tough no show light cushion
- darn tough hiker boot sock full cushion
- darn tough hiker boot sock full cushion
- darn tough mountaineering over the calf extra cushion
- underwear
- exofficio give-n-go boxer brief (worn)
- exofficio give-n-go boxer brief
- exofficio give-n-go boxer brief
- exofficio give-n-go boxer brief
- towel
- packtowel personal
- bag
- rei co-op trail 40
- osprey ultralight stuff pack 18
- organization
- eagle creek pack it specter cube set
- sea to summit event compression dry sack
- toiletry
- osprey ultralight zip organizer
- wahl travel battery trimmer 9962-717
- nose trimmer
- nail clipper
- tweezer
- razor handle
- razor cartridge
- dr bronner
- deodorant
- moisturizer with spf (travel container)
- shampoo with conditioner (travel container)
- lotion (travel container)
- bar soap for face, body, and shaving
- q-tips
- toothbrush
- toothpaste
- floss
- tongue scraper
- retainer
- other
- herschel raynor passport holder
- herschel charlie wallet
- money belt
- electronics
- anker powercore 10000
- coolingtech universal worldwide all in one travel adapter
- headlamp
- batteries
- extra:
- small roll of toilet paper
- wet ones wipes
- hand sanitizer
- tissue pack
- First Aid Kit
- Ibuprofen
- Antihistamine
- Loperamide
- Asprin
- Malaria (Prescription Pills)
- Bandaid
- Leukotape
- Bufferfly Bandage
- Gauze Pad
- Gauze Roll
- Antibiotic ointment
- Alcohol Wipes
- Antispetic Wipes
- Athletic Tape
- Gloves
- Tweezer
- Scissor
- Safety Pin
- Hand Sanitizer
- Water Purification
- Anti Itch Cream
- Deets Wipes
- Dehydration Powder Packets
- Burn Cream
- Motion Sickness Pills
- Motion Sickness Wristband
- Paperwork
- Journal
- Pen
- Passport
- International Driver License with motor cycle
- PADI Open Water Log
- PADI Open Water Certificate Card
- Driver License with motorcycle
- Condoms
- Missing
- Sunblock
- Pepto Bismol
- Tums
- Chapstick with spf
I feel like I am overpacking, am missing something, or over stressing. Can you let me know? Thank you :)
Submitted February 21, 2019 at 12:36AM by sanji1212 https://ift.tt/2SLFPKm

0 Response to "Final Checklist before Long Term/1 Year Travel Tomorrow. Thank You All!"
Post a Comment