Vietnam Itinerary Questions
Hi all!
I'm planning a trip to Vietnam in a March and I've got a couple questions. After arriving in Vietnam I'll have 2 weeks to travel around. So far my plan consists of:
Land in Hanoi - 3 nights
Cat Ba - 2 nights with a day cruise through Halong Bay
Hue - 2 nights
Hoi An - 3 nights
HCMC - 2 nights
Singapore - 2 nights
I'm trying to find the best way to get from Cat Ba to Hue. I've looked into flights and overnight trains (I want to avoid overnight buses if at all possible) and I'm trying to see if it makes more sense to head back to Hanoi and overnight train/fly to Hue or catch a flight from Hai Phong to Da Nang and then get to Hue from there. The only issue with the flight into Da Nang is that I would land at about 6pm. I was looking at trains and buses onward to Hue and it showing that most of them have sold out already? Would I be able to just arrive in Da Nang and get a bus ticket that will get me to Hue that same day? Or if most things are sold out online does that mean they are all sold out at the station as well? I'd rather not have to stay the night in Da Nang.
If I end up heading back to Hanoi I can fly directly into Hue but the flight leaves at 3pm and I'm a bit worried about timing given that it seems like it would take 4-5 hours to get to the airport. I just want to make sure I can catch a bus early enough to make it back to Hanoi in time for my flight while taking into account inevitable delays along the way. Would I be able to wait until I get to Cat Ba and then book an early enough ferry/bus back to Hanoi? Or would it just make more sense to not risk it and fly from Hai Phong?
Lastly, I'm not 100% sold on Hue - I mostly picked it because I was going to Hoi An anyways and the Hai Van Pass looks really nice. But I'm open to suggestions if anyone can recommend a place they really loved for a couple nights.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
Submitted January 16, 2019 at 05:36PM by amy4848 http://bit.ly/2AOx3QG

0 Response to "Vietnam Itinerary Questions"
Post a Comment