Quick shout-out to VPN's
About a year ago, I signed up for a VPN service for the first time mainly in light of some changes to the law in the US pertaining to how your browsing data could be accessed and sold.
However, more recently, on a 3 week trip in Cuba, I found that my VPN service was hugely useful to me. Not only did it make me feel generally more comfortable accessing the internet in Cuba where internet traffic is closely monitored, but it was also a huge benefit to me when I lost my smartphone and had to access iCloud to disable my phone, purchase a new one (from Cuba) and access my American banks/credit cards. Most of this would've been impossible had I not had my laptop + VPN.
VPN's also make it easier to access subscription services from abroad. So, there are lots of benefits to the solo traveler. Just thought I'd put this out there because it was really helpful to me and may be helpful to others down the road.
Submitted January 16, 2019 at 01:43PM by jomama341 http://bit.ly/2DcVol5

0 Response to "Quick shout-out to VPN's"
Post a Comment