Itinerary check and advice wanted: one month in China and Indonesia
Hey guys! I (23/F/Canadian) am planning a trip once I finish up a 2 month work contract in Tokyo. I'll have 30 days to travel (mid June to mid July) and I'd love to go hiking, to temples, night markets, rice terraces, and get the experience of both hustling urban cities and laid back rural areas. There's a bunch of places I'd like to go but I won't have time for everything. Below is (very rough) plan, please let me know if there's any places I should spend more/less time or any other thoughts.
Indonesia - 18-19 days
Java 4 days (Malang 4 days (Jodipan village, Mt Bromo and Ijen Crater 3 day)
Bali 3 days (Denpasar 2 day, Ubud 2 days)
Lombok 4 days (Mount Rinjani trek 3 days)
Flores 7-8 days (2 day Ende (Kelimutu lakes), 5 days Labuan Bajo (1 day Padar Island, pink beach and komodo island, 4 day scuba certification)
China - 7-8 days
Beijing- 2 days
Temple of Heaven, Wangfujing, Forbidden city, Tianamen square, Summer palace, Yonghe Temple, Great Wall
Yangshuo - 2 days
Bamboo raft down Li river, comorant fishing, Laozhai Mountain, west street
Hong Kong - 3 days
Victoria peak, Mong kok, Quarry bay, Temple street night market, Wong Tai Sin temple, etc
Taiwan - 4-5 days
Taipei city - 2 day
- Longshan Temple, Shilin night market, Raohe Street Night Market, Tamsui Fisherman's Wharf, Shifen Old Street
Kaohsiung- 2 day
Lotus Pond (dragon and tiger pagodas), love river, Liuhe night market, Fo Guang Shan Buddha Memorial Centre
I'm also considering just doing an Ijen Crater trip as a 2-day excursion from Bali, and I could potentially visit Taiwan in 2 weekend trips from Tokyo earlier in the spring to cut down on the time.
I also have a couple questions/concerns:
-
Getting around Indonesia - it seems like most things are pretty far apart and public transit isn't very good, is there something like Grab? What are the rates like to find a private driver for a day and how do you find a reliable one? Is Blue Bird the best way to go, and what about travelling between cities?
-
General ease of travel. My first solo trip was to South Africa and I had times where I was followed for nearly an hour, or where I was being carefully watched in a less populated area and I generally felt pretty uncomfortable walking around, even in busy tourist hot spots. I also didn't enjoy my time in Phuket, Thailand because every two minutes somebody would try to sell me something and not take no for an answer, and I had a bad experience with a cab driver agreeing upon a price before we left and then he drove us in the wrong direction, demanded triple what we agreed on, called up somebody and gave them the address of our hotel, and locked us in the car once we asked to just get out. The rest of my travels have been pretty comfortable and I'd like to go somewhere where I'm not constantly on edge.
Submitted December 27, 2018 at 02:02AM by bronwynnn http://bit.ly/2CCryWV

0 Response to "Itinerary check and advice wanted: one month in China and Indonesia"
Post a Comment