18 year old traveling alone to Japan, in need of help.
So as of 2 weeks ago, I’m all booked to head out to Japan from April 19th through the 26th, roughly 6 days. I’m going to be flying out of JFK here in New York to Manila for a 2 hour layover, and then to Japan, flying into Haneda International Airport in Tokyo. I have been saving up for this trip(and still saving), I’m working constantly and don’t mind it honestly, I’ve been wanting to go to Japan since I was at least six, and now I’m finally making my dreams come true.
This will arguably be the biggest thing I’ve ever done in my life, as I’ve never left the United States. I’m still currently 17 and will be out there by the time I’m 18. I don’t have a passport, or even an actual state ID, both of which I plan to get in the coming weeks. I have really a vague idea of what I want to see and where I want to go, I do plan on visiting Osaka and possibly Kyoto for a day using the JR pass, but for the most part, I assume I’m just going to be dipping around on my skateboard and finding what i find, getting lost, etc. I’d very much like to come up with ideas for good attractions, but I don’t know what the best way to come up with them would be. I plan on doing a shitload of photography.
I’m planning on staying at a hostel, possibly for the first three days of my trip, and then finding a small hotel for the last few days of my trip. I’d like to stay in a hostel to possibly find people to spend some time with and go sightseeing with, but if there’s a better way to link up with other travelers, please leave a comment and tell me what’s up. For the most part, I’m okay doing things on my own. Now cash, I don’t know how much to bring with me, I’m still trying to understand the exchange rate from usd to Yen, but I’m assuming that I’m going to be eating out a lot, going to museums, taking trains, shopping, and bringing small things back to the U.S. What would be a good estimate in USD to bring?
Now lastly, I’m not 100% sure of how things work at the airport, how customs and all that works. I’ve been to the airport a number of times for domestic flights, enough to know what to do, but when it comes to international flights, is there anything I need to do differently at the airport? And beforehand, is there any shots/vaccines I need to take in order to be good?
I’m very excited for this trip, more excited than I can handle, but at the same time I’m nervous. I know I can tackle this but I’m a tad bit afraid, which I’m hoping is normal. If there’s anything else I should know, please tell me...
Submitted December 27, 2018 at 08:06AM by RobbStarkFuckedUp http://bit.ly/2ERZL7g

0 Response to "18 year old traveling alone to Japan, in need of help."
Post a Comment