0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: My wife wants to do a roadtrip from Kansas to Portland OR for Christmas. Is this a good idea? My wife wants to do a roadtrip from Kansas to Portland OR for Christmas. Is this a good idea? - Bangladesh

My wife wants to do a roadtrip from Kansas to Portland OR for Christmas. Is this a good idea?

Would anybody advise for or against this?

  • we have 10 or 11 days off from work
  • it's going to be dark much of the day
  • it's going to be snowy. Snow storms and closed interstates are a possibility
  • we'll have at least one dog with us
  • it will take 3 days to drive there and three days to drive back. That will leave us with 5 days in Portland.

At least I have the perfect vehicle for it ('08 Toyota 4runner 4wd) with all-season road tires (as apposed to off-road truck tires). But I could also get some snow rated all-terrain tires - I would choose Falken Wildpeak AT3W passenger tires.

I will insist on taking the 3 hour detour to visit the Grand Tetons National Park either on the way there or back. Here's my route: https://maps.roadtrippers.com/?a2=t!23764214&lat=41.22776540806544&lng=-106.9785547069842&utm_campaign=trip&utm_medium=share&utm_source=copy&z=5.434284418589985

Only problem is that once we get there, it will already be dark and then what point is it. Unless we leave super early the morning before. And that route also includes Teton Pass Road which can be closed if too much snow, and even if not closed it is a really steep mountain pass. I'm pretty sure it's steeper than any paved mountain pass in Colorado. But there is an alternative route, thankfully, to Swan Lake Idaho.

I have done Christmas Roadtrips 3 times to get to Florida. But that is further south - longer days and no snow - and it's only a 2 day trip. Driving to Portland is 29 hours and I know from experience that after 10 hours driving is no longer fun, it's horrible, especially in the dark. So I insist that we make it a 3 day trip.

What would you advise that I bring for safety? I'm thinking atlas, warm blankets, lithium battery charger, tire air pump, snow chains, etc.

Do you recommend any must-see stops in Wyoming, Idaho, etc. ?

Thanks!

https://ift.tt/2BJIkD6

0 Response to "My wife wants to do a roadtrip from Kansas to Portland OR for Christmas. Is this a good idea?"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger