Critique my 2.5 month journey
Sorry if you saw this in r/travel. Looking for some additional feedback.
Hey Everyone,
I am a 28M American embarking on my first solo European trip. I am starting off my trip in Edinburgh on March 22 and flying out of Dublin on June 8th. I have been to Europe twice but the last time was 10 years ago. When I went to Europe I visited Pompeii, Athens, Olympia, Istanbul, Rome, Budapest, Vienna, and Nuremberg. The only place that I plan on going to again is Rome and the Vatican only because I don't remember much of the last time and the planning was quite terrible.
I have done a few solo trips to LA and Chicago so I have no issues traveling by myself. I know a few phrases in French and German but not proficient enough to have a conversation.
I am interested in seeing local arts, museums and soaking up as much culture as I can in the cities that I go to through their food, beer, wine and sights. My budget is around $12,000 and plan on staying in hostels my entire trip.
I will be flying in and out of Detroit and so far I have a 10 day 2 month Eurail pass, train tickets from Edinburgh to York and York to London and a 3 day London Pass. I plan on doing a free walking to the first day I am in each city. Here is what I have planned right now:
March 21st- Fly from Detroit to Edinburgh. Land on the 22nd.
March 22nd-24th: Edinbugh
March 25th-26th: York
March 27-April 2nd: London
April 3rd-11th: Paris- My dad is joining me from the 6th-8th to see the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Père Lachaise Cemetery and Disneyland Paris.
April 12th-15th Brussels
April 16th-19th: Amsterdam
April 20th-23rd: Copenhagen- Plan on flying from Amsterdam to Copenhagen.
April 24th-27th: Berlin
April 28th-29th: Dresden
April 30th-May 3rd: Prague
May 4th-8th: Munich- Giving myself one additional day for a possible Salzburg or Neuschwanstein Castle day trip.
May 9th-10th: Venice- Taking the Night Train from Munich.
May 11th-13th: Cinque Terre
May 14th-17th: Florence
May 18th-21st: Rome
May 22nd-25th: Madrid
May 26th-June 3rd: Barcelona- 30th-3rd will be for Primavera Sound
June 4th-7th: Dublin
June 8th: Fly home to Detroit with 8 hour layover in Reykjavik.
I am looking for any feedback that you can give. I am wondering if it is too structured? When I am in London is it worth it for a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge worth it? Am I staying too much in one place and not enough in another? Let me know of anything that you would change or do differently.
Submitted February 18, 2018 at 08:43PM by geddyrhoads http://ift.tt/2FdKOcV

0 Response to "Critique my 2.5 month journey"
Post a Comment