Couples Florida trip turned solo, do I try to make it work or just cut my losses?
Hey guys!
25 y/o Canadian guy here looking for some advice.
I planned a 10 day road-trip through South Florida with my gf. We were supposed to leave near the end of March, but we recently split up and she won't be coming anymore. I was able to refund most things, but our plane tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
At this point, I figure I have a few options:
- I could cut my losses and just don't go--it's a waste of a plane ticket, but I save my vacation days and travel money
- I could go, but find a hostel/AirBnB and work remotely. My work is pretty flexible so if I find a place with wifi I could probably crack it. I'd still be spending money to be there, but I'd save my vacation days and maybe get a bit of sightseeing in
- Or, I could go all in and try to make a solo-trip of it
I'd love to not waste my ticket, but I honestly have no idea what I'd do in South Florida alone for 10 days. I like historical things, nature sightseeing, and active excursions (snorkling, hiking, kayaking, etc..). I'm not much into nightlife/clubbing, but I do like meeting new people and would love to not be alone the entire trip.
I've done a bit of research and found things to do in Fort Lauderdale (where I'm flying to). Hostels, kayaking tours, snorkling, parks, etc. I also could rent a car and visit the everglades or the central/northern keys if they've got more to offer. I'm not a experienced solo-traveller though, and I have no idea if that'd be enough to keep be occupied for the full trip.
Has anyone here been in a similar situation (a bit of an involuntary solo-trip)? or tried to do South Florida solo? I'd love any advice or anecdotes you guys can offer!
Submitted February 17, 2018 at 10:15PM by prorator http://ift.tt/2BDu3b4

0 Response to "Couples Florida trip turned solo, do I try to make it work or just cut my losses?"
Post a Comment