12 Cities/Areas in 12 Months - What would your itinerary be?
Hi r/solotravel
25m from Canada here.
I've been saving for over a year for what I hope will be an unforgettable RTW solo trip. If my savings habits hold firm, I should be aiming to leave in September of this year.
I'm not one for spending 3 days in each location and moving on (with a possible exception which I'll get to later in the post). I like to limit transportation as much as possible and settle down in an area to really explore it and ideally make some friends. As far as budget goes, things are looking comfortable, but I'm aiming for at least half of the cities to be in low-cost countries (Southeast Asia primarily) and the other half to be anywhere. The only cities I plan to avoid are the ultra-expensive ones (NYC, SF, HK, Sydney, London, Singapore) although I wouldn't eliminate a weekend trip or something between cities.
So, what would your itinerary be? Any places you've been and would love to go back to? Or places that are high on your list?
I've come up with this:
- Medellin
- Lima
- Melbourne (expensive but staying with friend)
- Bali
- Kuala Lumpur
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Bangkok/Chiang Mai
- Greece (city TBC)
- Belgrade
- Budapest
- Krakow
- Berlin (staying with friend)
I'm also debating the idea of a final month doing the standard rapid backpacking tour of central/western Europe since I'd already be so close, it would seem a waste to miss it.
Any thoughts? Post your ideal itineraries!
Submitted January 17, 2018 at 06:14PM by cmill007 http://ift.tt/2mP1P56

0 Response to "12 Cities/Areas in 12 Months - What would your itinerary be?"
Post a Comment